Essential Concept and/or Skill: Use technology to create projects, identify patterns, and make predictions.
- Use a variety of digital tools and media-rich resources to create projects.
- Use technology to illustrate and communicate original ideas related to curriculum content.
- Create multimedia products with support from teachers, family members, and/or student partners for the purpose of display, publication and/or performance.
- Use technology resources to identify problems, help recognize and describe patterns, make predictions and/or propose solutions.
Essential Concept and/or Skill: Use a variety of technology tools and media-rich resources to work collaboratively with others.
- In a collaborative work group, use a variety of technologies to produce a digital presentation or product in a curriculum area.
- Use technology resources for communicating and sharing ideas with others.
- Participate in learning activities with or about learners from other countries and/or cultures.
Essential Concept and/or Skill: Utilize predetermined digital resources and tools to answer questions or solve problems.
- Follow a plan of action to guide inquiry by using predetermined digital resources.
- Locate and organize information from a variety of sources and media.
- Review provided resources, explain why they are or are not useful, and use information appropriately.
- Identify, read, and report data from charts, graphs, and other sources.
Essential Concept and/or Skill: Use technological resources to investigate given questions or problems.
- Use a variety of technology resources to explore questions or problems.
- Use technology to decide what information to locate and how to use that information to complete a project.
- Collect and explain data to identify commonalities or solutions to problems.
- Explore the different ways that problems may be solved.
Essential Concept and/or Skill: Understand and practice appropriate and safe uses of technology.
- Understand that stealing information and things others have created is the same as stealing tangible items.
- Be aware of why it is unsafe for students to provide others with information about themselves.
- Demonstrate awareness of the importance of communicating with adults about things that might concern them.
- Understand why technology is useful in helping them complete a task.
- Use technology to explore personal interests.
- Demonstrate to others how to use technology tools in ways that assist, rather than prevent, others from learning.
Essential Concept and/or Skill: Understand basic technology hardware and software and their application.
- Choose the most appropriate technology tool for a given task.
- Demonstrate a basic knowledge of how technology is supposed to function and know when it is not working properly.
- Know when to seek adult assistance for technology problems.
- Explore new technologies using existing skills and knowledge.