On this page...
The Iowa Department of Education is the lead agency for following boards, commissions, committees, councils and task forces. An asterisk (*) denotes groups not established by law.
Active Boards, Commissions, Committees, Councils, and Task Forces
Groups listed below continue to meet or have actively met from 2021 to the present.
- At-Risk Task Force
- Child Development Coordinating Council (CDCC)
- Commission on Educator Leadership and Compensation
- Community College Council
- Iowa Autism Council
- Iowa Consortium for Higher Education in Prisons*
- Iowa Council for Early ACCESS (ICEA)
- Iowa Dyslexia Board
- Iowa Literacy Council
- Iowa Reading Research Center (IRRC) Advisory Council
- Iowa State Board of Education
- Mathematics Standards Revision Team
- Nonpublic School Advisory Committee
- School Budget Review Committee
- Senior Year Plus Postsecondary Course Audit Committee
- Special Education Advisory Panel (SEAP)
- Statewide Assessment System Advisory Committee*
- Transfer Major Steering Committee*
Archived Boards, Commissions, Committees, Councils, and Task Forces
Groups listed below are not currently meeting. Individual group webpages will be taken off the website after 3 years of inactivity.
- Computer Science Work Group
- Growing a Diverse PK-12 Teacher Base in Iowa Task Force
- Iowa Clearinghouse for Work-Based Learning Advisory Board