jeffzwiers.org Videos - Effective practices with respect to communication-based and interactive learning.
U.S. Department of Education (USDE)
OELA - U.S. Department of Education’s The Office of English Language Acquisition
NCELA - U.S. Department’s National Clearinghouse for English Language Acquisition
Newcomers at Grade Level and Beyond - Carol Salva’s blog presents many examples for how to provide access to content for secondary ELs including at emerging levels of English proficiency.
Reclaiming the Language for Social Justice - Ruslana Westerland’s blog covers a wide range of topics including disciplinary literacy, writing instruction and social justice issues.
Newcomer/Refugee Blog - Louise El Yaafouri’s blog focuses on refugees, newcomers, trauma and culture.
Larry Ferlazzo’s Blog - Classroom ideas, resources and tools.
Reflections on Teaching English Learners Blog - Jana Echevarría’s blog highlights techniques from the SIOP© Model for sheltered content.
- The 6 Principles for Exemplary Teaching of English Learners
- The 6 Principles Quick Guide for Paraeducators
- The Common Core State Standards in Mathematics for English Language Learners: High School
- The Common Core State Standards in Mathematics for English Language Learners: Grades K-8
- PACE Yourself: A Handbook for ESL Tutors
- Preparing School Counselors for English Language Learners
- Supporting English Learners with Exceptional Needs
- What School Leaders Need to Know about English Learners
- Academic Language Mastery: Culture in Context
- Academic Language Mastery: Conversational Discourse in Context
- Academic Language Mastery: Grammar and Syntax in Context
- Academic Language Mastery: Vocabulary in Context
- Assessing English Language Learners
- Breaking Down the Wall
- Collaborating for English Learners
- Co-Teaching for English Learners
- EL Excellence Every Day
- Engaging English Learners Through Access to Standards
- Language Power
- Students with Interrupted Formal Education
- Unlocking English Learners’ Potential
University of Michigan Press
- Assessment Myths
- Authentic Materials Myths
- Culture Myths
- Pronunciation Myths
- Second Language Acquisition Myths
- Vocabulary Myths
- The Art of Teaching Speaking
- Breaking New Ground: Teaching Students with Limited or Interrupted Formal Education in U.S. Schools
- Changing Practices for the L2 Writing Classroom
- The ESL Writer’s Handbook
- Flip It!
- Making the Transition to Classroom Success: Culturally Responsive Teaching for Struggling Language Learners