On this page...
What are the essential features of mediation?
- it is a voluntary process
- it is intended to resolve disputes in the early stage of disagreement
- an impartial mediator facilitates the meeting
- the goal: a mutually agreeable solution for both parties
- once a resolution is reached, a legally binding agreement is written
- a "shepherd" is assigned to help ensure implementation of the agreement
Preparing for a Mediation
Preparing for Mediation Brochure - A brief overview of what to expect during a mediation.
Mediation Procedures - The procedures followed when a mediation conference is requested.
Model Form to Assist Parent(s)/Guardian(s) in Requesting a Mediation Conference - The form parents should use to request a mediation conference.