On this page...
SBRC Hearing Schedule and Critical Filing Dates
|Hearing Date||Requests Due (Received)||Exhibits Due (Received)|
|Oct. 17, 2023||Sept. 15, 2023||Sept. 15, 2023|
|Dec. 12, 2023||Nov. 10, 2023||Nov. 10, 2023|
|Jan. 30, 2024||Special Hearing||Special Hearing|
|March 26, 2024||Feb. 23, 2024||Feb. 23, 2024|
School districts may request to have a hearing before the School Budget Review Committee (SBRC) to request modified supplemental amount for General Fund purposes or to request to use the unexpended General Fund balance to complete construction that was voted by the district patrons. The district will request a hearing using an online form. Click on the link below to access the form.
Be sure to print the acknowledgment that will appear on the screen after submitting the request for a hearing.
Summary of SBRC Hearing Decisions
2023-24 School Year
2022-23 School Year
2021-22 School Year
- FY21 SBRC Transportation Assistance Grant
- UAB Per Pupil State Decile Ranks (3-21-22)
- Link to FY23 Dropout/Dropout Prevention Modified Supplemental Amount
- Link to FY23 Gifted and Talented Allocation
- Link to FY23 Special Education Administrative Costs
- FY21 Excess LEP Costs
- FY22 SBRC Application for Modified Supplemental Amount
- Link to Budgets, Area Education Agencies - FY21 AEA Special Education Fund Balances
- Link to Special Education Finance - FY21 Special education excess balances, deficits, and Supplemental Aid
2020-21 School Year
- FY20 SBRC Transportation Assistance Grant
- UAB Per Pupil State Decile Ranks Updated 2021 03 03
- Link to FY22 Dropout/Dropout Prevention Modified Supplemental Amount
- Link to FY22 Gifted and Talented Allocation
- Link to FY22 Special Education Administrative Costs
Modified Supplemental Amount Granted by Fiscal Year
Cash Reserve Levy
Iowa Code 298.10 sets the limit for cash reserve levies. The cash reserve levy for a budget year shall not exceed twenty percent (20%) of the General Fund expenditures for the year previous to the base year minus the unexpended fund balance in the General Fund for the year previous to the base year. The unexpended fund balance, for purposes of calculating the cash reserve levy limit, is the sum of the assigned and unassigned fund balances in the General Fund.
Information on the cash reserve levies in each school district can be found on the Department of Management's website, in the spreadsheet entitled "Aid and Levy, Tax, and Program Summary".
- FY21 SBRC Application for Modified Supplemental Amount
- FY20 Excess LEP Costs
- Link to Budgets, Area Education Agencies - FY20 AEA Special Education Fund Balances
- Link to Special Education Finance - FY20 Special education excess balances, deficits, and Supplemental Aid