On this page...
Below are resources to assist with implementation of the nutrition standards for the National School Lunch and School Breakfast programs.
Resources and Tools
USDA Food and Nutrition Service - Regulations, policy memos, and other nutrition standards guidance materials.
- National School Lunch Meal Pattern
- School Breakfast Meal Pattern
- Vegetable Subgroups
- Production Record
Menu Ideas and Recipes
Cycle Menu Resources
- Iowa Gold Star Cycle Breakfast and Lunch Menus and Recipes - Includes menu, recipes, shopping list, nutritional analysis, and technical assistance materials.
- Healthier Kansas Breakfast and Lunch Menus - Nutrient analysis, recipes, preparation instructions, serving tips, production records and a purchasing guide.
- Child Nutrition Recipe Box - Collection of standardized recipes by the Institute of Child Nutrition.
- Ohio Menus that Move - Seasonal cycle menus that fit within the USDA meal guidelines.
- Child Nutrition Recipe Box - Provides Child Nutrition Program operators with recipes to prepare healthy and delicious meals that meet meal pattern requirements.
Grab n' Go Examples
- Take n' Talk Grab n' Go Menu - Created in partnership with Indianola Middle School and Iowa Team Nutrition.
- Waukee Elementary Menu with Kydz-ables Grab n' Go Option
- Saydel High School Grab n' Go Breakfast Menu
No to Low Sodium Seasonings