Menu Planning and Recipes
On this page...
Below are resources to assist with implementation of the nutrition standards for the National School Lunch and School Breakfast programs.
Resources and Tools
- USDA Food and Nutrition Service - Regulations, policy memos, and other nutrition standards guidance materials.
Menu Ideas and Recipes
- Cycle Menu Resources:
- Iowa Gold Star Cycle Breakfast and Lunch Menus and Recipes - Includes menu, recipes, shopping list, nutritional analysis, and technical assistance materials.
- Healthier Kansas Breakfast and Lunch Menus - Nutrient analysis, recipes, preparation instructions, serving tips, production records and a purchasing guide.
- Child Nutrition Recipe Box- Collection of standardized recipes by the Institute of Child Nutrition.
- Ohio Menus that Move - Seasonal cycle menus that fit within the USDA meal guidelines.
- Indiana Sizzling School Lunches - Showcases Chef Cyndie recipes along with her tips and tricks.
- Grab n' Go Examples
- Take n' Talk Grab n' Go Menu - Created in partnership with Indianola Middle School and Iowa Team Nutrition. Contact Carrie Scheidel (email@example.com) for standardized recipes, certification worksheets, and weighted values summaries.
- Waukee Elementary Menu with Kydz-ables Grab n' Go Option
- Saydel High School Grab n' Go Breakfast Menu
- No to Low Sodium Seasonings