Menu Planning and Recipes
On this page...
Below are resources to assist with implementation of the nutrition standards for the National School Lunch and School Breakfast programs.
Resources and Tools
USDA Food and Nutrition Service - Regulations, policy memos, and other nutrition standards guidance materials.
- National School Lunch Meal Pattern
- School Breakfast Meal Pattern
- Vegetable Subgroups
- Production Record
Menu Ideas and Recipes
Cycle Menu Resources
- Iowa Gold Star Cycle Breakfast and Lunch Menus and Recipes - Includes menu, recipes, shopping list, nutritional analysis, and technical assistance materials.
- Healthier Kansas Breakfast and Lunch Menus - Nutrient analysis, recipes, preparation instructions, serving tips, production records and a purchasing guide.
- Child Nutrition Recipe Box - Collection of standardized recipes by the Institute of Child Nutrition.
- Ohio Menus that Move - Seasonal cycle menus that fit within the USDA meal guidelines.
- Child Nutrition Recipe Box - Provides Child Nutrition Program operators with recipes to prepare healthy and delicious meals that meet meal pattern requirements.
Grab n' Go Examples
- Take n' Talk Grab n' Go Menu - Created in partnership with Indianola Middle School and Iowa Team Nutrition.
- Waukee Elementary Menu with Kydz-ables Grab n' Go Option
- Saydel High School Grab n' Go Breakfast Menu
No to Low Sodium Seasonings