The Iowa Food Cost Calculator is a tool to calculate the cost of the program meals in an average week and, if desired, use that information to calculate nonprogram meal costs. It has features to identify and document additional nonprogram food costs and ultimately calculate an annual nonprogram food cost. The annual nonprogram food cost is included when completing the Nonprogram Revenue Tool required by USDA. In Iowa, the Nonprogram Revenue Tool is part of the Financial Report. Nonpublic SFAs and RCCIs report the nonprogram food costs on the Financial Report on IowaCNP. Public schools report the nonprogram food costs on the Certified Annual Report and the information flows to the Financial Report on IowaCNP.
Food Cost Calculator – This tool is located on the Iowa Education Portal accessed with an A&A account.
- Food Cost Calculator Overview (18:55)
- Food Cost Calculator: Menu Page (18:30)
- Food Cost Calculator: A La Carte Page (10:39)
- Food Cost Calculator: Nonprogram Meals (8:50)
- Food Cost Calculator: Catering Page (5:56)
- Food Cost Calculator: Summary Screen (5:34)
- Food Cost Calculator: Maintenance (7:39)
- Recipe Calculator (16:43)