Education Events - School Meals
To view recordings and handouts of previously held webinars, visit the Learning Tools - Schools webpage.
News to Know in School Nutrition Webinars
Monthly webinars for Iowa school nutrition professionals will be held at the following dates and times. To access the webinar recordings, contact Jean Easley at firstname.lastname@example.org
- May 23, 2022 from 2 - 3 p.m. (Register)
Summer Training Opportunities - Summer 2022
In partnership with Iowa State University Extension and Outreach, The following in-person workshops are offered. Click on the links below for a description, location, cost and registration link for each opportunity:
- ServSafe® Certified Food Protection Manager Course - June 27, 2022, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- HACCP-Based Food Safety Plan for Schools Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) - June 28, 2022, 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- New Directors: Healthy School Meals - June 29, 2022, 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Money Management for School Nutrition Programs - June 30, 2022, 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on July 5, July 11, July 18 and July 25
A series of 4 weekly interactive zoom sessions led by the Institute of Child Nutrition (ICN) presenters who will provide an overview of the management components of school nutrition programs. Iowa consultants will also be present. Designed for School Nutrition Directors with fewer than 5 years of experience.
Space is limited, so make sure you can commit to participating. Registrants are expected to attend all four days and will receive 32 professional standards hours. The virtual format is very convenient. ICN will mail materials to you prior to the workshop.
Free and Reduced Price School Meals/Free Milk Application Approval & Direct Certification Webinar - Register
When: Thursday, July 21, 9 a.m. to noon
This training will cover the Iowa free and reduced price school meal/free milk applications, direct certifications, ELook-Up, approval process for free and reduced price school meals/free milk applications, Hawki and an introduction to the verification process.
Join school nutrition consultants for the Back to School Webinar Series - Presented virtually Aug. 1-4 from 1-3 p.m. Register for each date by clicking on the topic title below:
- School Nutrition Director’s Update - Aug. 1, 2022
- Meal Pattern Essentials - Aug. 2, 2022
- School Nutrition Recordkeeping - Aug. 3, 2022
- Special Topics: Special Diets, Professional Standards and Training Resources, Farm to School - Aug. 4, 2022