CACFP Online Trainings
How Do I Access the Online Trainings?
- Visit Iowa Learning Online Professional Development
- Create an account if you haven’t done so already.
- Select a course and click "Enroll me".
- Complete the demographic survey (required to receive certificates).
- For technical assistance, contact techsupport@
Certificates of Completion
- Certificates are available to download and/or print after the participant successfully completes a module (80% score required).
- If completed on a mobile device, screenshot the certificate as documentation.
CACFP Iowa Learning Online Professional Development training is automatically tracked on the DHS Iowa’s Early Childhood and School Age Professional Workforce Registry (i-PoWeR) when you have a linked DHS ID. Contact email@example.com for assistance with i-PoWeR.
Steps to Success
The Steps to Success Online Training Modules covers basic CACFP administration. The CACFP authorized representative must complete all modules applicable to their organization. Other staff may register for one or more sessions. At least one person from new centers (the owner of for-profit organizations and authorized representative for all organizations) must complete all modules of the core workshop and any additional modules that pertain to the center. A test must be completed over each module with a score of 80% or higher in order to receive a certificate.
Below are some of the modules available:
- Menu Planning (3 training credit hours)
- Food Production Records (2 training credit hours)
- Income Applications (2 training credit hours)
- Civil Rights (0.5 training credit hour)
- Infant Feeding and Recordkeeping (1 training credit hour)
- Feeding Infants in the CACFP Handbook (2 training credit hours)
- Adult Care (0.5 training credit hour)
CACFP Wellness Courses
The following online training modules were developed through Team Nutrition grants for CACFP participants:
- New Meal Pattern Best Practices (1 training credit hour)
- Smarter Mealtime Scorecard (1 training credit hour)
- Farm to CACFP (1 training credit hour)
- Meaningful Mealtimes (1 training credit hour)
- Trying New Foods (1 training credit hour)
- Opportunities for Active Play (1 training credit hour)
- Nutrition Education (1 training credit hour)
- Healthy Food Purchasing (1 training credit hour)
- Updated Healthy Menu Makeover (4 training credit hours)