On this page...
Adult day care organization must meet the following criteria to participate in the CACFP:
- Provide non-residential care for adults age 60 years or older or functionally impaired adults under age 60
- Be a public; private non-profit; or eligible for-profit center (25% of the enrolled eligible adults receive Medicaid)
- Be approved for an Iowa Department of Human Services (DHS) Purchase of Service Agreement (POS); have an inspection from the Department of Inspections and Appeals (DIA); have Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) accreditation; or have certification from the Area Agency on Aging
- Subsidies are paid based on the meals served and income levels of participants
- Current income applications must be on file to claim meals at the higher rates of reimbursement
- Visit the Nutrition Funding webpage and select CACFP for reimbursement rates
- Meals served must meet CACFP meal pattern requirements
- Centers may be approved to claim up to two meals and one snack or one meal and two snacks per adult per day
- Meals served to supervising adults, volunteers and visitors are not eligible for reimbursement
How do I apply for the program in Iowa?