Computer Science Professional Development Incentive Fund
On this page...
The Iowa Computer Science Professional Development Incentive Fund was established to assist schools in meeting the goal of the General Assembly, that by July 1, 2019, each accredited high school offer at least one high-quality computer science course, each accredited middle school offer instruction in exploratory computer science, and each accredited elementary school offer instruction in the basics of computer science.
Grant funds are made available to eligible Iowa school districts or accredited nonpublic schools, in a year in which funds are appropriated by the Iowa legislature, for the following two purposes:
- A school district or accredited nonpublic school, or a collaborative of one or more school districts, accredited nonpublic schools, and area education agencies, may apply to the department to receive moneys from the fund to provide proven professional development activities for Iowa teachers in the area of computer science education.
- A school district or accredited nonpublic school may apply to the department to receive moneys from the fund to provide tuition reimbursement for Iowa teachers seeking endorsements or authorizations for computer science under section 272.2, subsection 20.
The goal of this grant program is to build the capacity of Iowa schools to provide high quality computer science instruction. Funds must be used to supplement, not supplant, funds that would otherwise be used for the activities supported by the program.
Due Dates, Forms and Guidance
- Application opens in IowaGrants.gov on October 12, 2020.
- Application closes in IowaGrants.gov on November 9, 2020.
- Applicants will be notified on December 16, 2020.
- Submit Project Amendments in IowaGrants.gov by April 14, 2021.
- Submit End-Of-Year Status Report in IowaGrants.gov by July 1, 2021.
- Submit Final Claim report in IowaGrants.gov by July 22, 2021.
- Grant Application and Implementation Guidance - Applicants should thoroughly read prior to completing the application and budget forms in IowaGrants.gov.
- Information Sheet
- Application Questions
- Procedures Used to Determine Grant Awards (Application Scoring Rubric)
- Frequently Asked Questions
Online Application Forms can be accessed on the IowaGrants.gov website.
New users: refer to the IowaGrants.gov - Grantee Instructions for Registering document for instructions on how to set up an account or transfer an account.
Laws, Rules, and Policy
Questions? Contact Wren Hoffman at email@example.com or 515-981-3306 regarding program questions, Larry Bice at firstname.lastname@example.org or 515-725-0101 regarding teacher endorsement or authorization questions.