On this page...
The central focus of the Department’s evaluation plan is on ensuring the TLC system achieves the goals of attracting and retaining effective teachers, promoting collaboration, rewarding professional growth and effective teaching, and improving student achievement by strengthening instruction. Our approach to evaluation includes four components: BEDS analysis, plan change tracker, end of year report, and external support.
Beginning the 2022-2023 school year, districts are no longer asked to complete an End-of-Year Report that is submitted to the Department.
Districts are encouraged to review their data and program evaluation for a district report. A local report serves as an opportunity for districts to reflect on their progress toward the vision and goals of their TLC plan.
Past District End-of-Year Reports are still available for the 2016-17 through the 2021-22 school years. Additional functionality available within the Iowa Education Portal for superintendents and other district TLC contacts.
Statewide End-of-Year Reports
- 2020-21 TLC End-of-Year Report Summary
- 2019-20 TLC End-of-Year Report Summary
- 2018-19 TLC End-of-Year Report Summary
- 2017-18 TLC End-of-Year Report Summary
- 2016-17 TLC End-of-Year Report Summary
- 2015-16 TLC End-of-Year Report Summary
- 2014-15 TLC End-of-Year Report Summary