On this page...
What is iEvaluate 1.3?
iEvaluate 1.3 is an online evaluator approval course that is approved by the Iowa Department of Education and the Board of Educational Examiners and provided in partnership with AEA PD Online. It provides beginning and experienced evaluators an opportunity to focus on the critical elements of an educator evaluation system in Iowa:
- Iowa’s model for Educator Quality (Chapter 83 of Iowa Administrative Rules)
- Knowledge & Skills of a Quality Evaluator and Attributes of Effective Evaluation System:
- Professional Educator Standards: Iowa Teaching Standards and Criteria (ITSC) / Iowa Standards for School Leaders (ISSL)
- Data & Information from Multiple Sources
- Formal & Informal Observations
- Coaching for Educator Excellences
- Professional Development for Improving Practice & Student Learning
Throughout the course, participants must complete a series of online assignments (e.g., forum discussions, reading, scenarios, reflecting, responding, observing, planning, videotaping, etc.) during the eight-week course.
Who may enroll in iEvaluate 1.3?
Note: All administrators new to Iowa or prepared at an institution outside of Iowa MUST take iEvaluate 1.3.
- School administrators seeking renewal of an evaluator license
- School administrators from out-of-state seeking an Iowa administrator license
- School administrator prepared at colleges/universities outside of Iowa
- Athletic Directors
- Other school personnel with evaluation responsibilities and hold at least a current Iowa teaching license
Individuals seeking to renew their administrator license but not serving in an administrator capacity
Cost of iEvaluate 1.3
The iEvaluate 1.3 courses cost $190.00 and paid to AEA PD Online when registering for the course. Course participants receive two (2) renewal credits upon successful completion of the course. AEA PD Online issues the transcripts based on final approval of the course instructor.
Note: An individual may apply for/renew an evaluator license up to one year before their evaluator/administrator license expiration date.
iEvaluate 1.3 Spring/Summer 2023: Dates TBD
Participants should go to https://aealearning.