Skip to main content
Official State of Iowa Website Here is how you know

Licensure Information

The following agencies handle licensure for educational jobs in Iowa:

Iowa Board of Educational Examiners (BoEE)

Provides information and applications for licensure in the following areas: PK-12 teacher, administrator, coaching, substitute teacher, paraeducator. The BoEE also has information pertaining to a variety of authorizations and professional service licenses.

Iowa Department of Health Human Services 

Includes information for professionals seeking to obtain licensure in fields such as social work, counseling, nursing, audiology, physical and occupational therapy, and speech- language pathology. Professionals in these areas who wish to work in PK-12 schools may apply for a Statement of Professional Recognition through the BoEE.