Iowa Education Jobs Have Moved to IOWAWorks.gov
Iowa Workforce Development and the Iowa Department of Education have launched a statewide outreach campaign to help Iowa education leaders learn how to post education-related jobs on the IowaWORKS website.
Division XVI of SF560 instructs Iowa Workforce Development (IWD), in collaboration with the Iowa Department of Education, to establish a system that allows the Iowa Department of Education, school districts, charter schools, Area Education Agencies and accredited nonpublic schools to post job openings. To meet this requirement, IowaWORKS replaced Teach Iowa for all education-related job postings as of July 1.
For schools and agencies that post education-related jobs:
- The Iowa Department of Education, school districts, charter schools and AEAs must begin to post job openings on IowaWORKS starting July 1.
- Open jobs previously posted on Teach Iowa were moved to IowaWORKS without the need for further action by the poster. No new job postings will be accepted in the Teach Iowa system after July 1.
- One-on-one assistance with posting jobs is available by contacting the IWD Business Engagement Division at 1-833-469-2967 or email@example.com.
For job seekers:
- Applicants will need to register and upload new versions of their resumes and credentials to IowaWORKS. Registering will enable job applicants to post a resume and search for vacant positions using the virtual recruiter.
- One-on-one assistance for job seekers to get started is provided at local IowaWORKS offices.
Iowa Workforce Development and the Iowa Department of Education urge everyone involved in education-related job postings and searches to register with IowaWORKS as soon as possible. This goes for job seekers as well as hiring organizations.