Iowa Council for Early ACCESS (ICEA)
On this page...
The Iowa Council for Early ACCESS (ICEA) advises and assists the Iowa Department of Education in the planning, coordination, and delivery of services to infants and toddlers with special needs and their families. The ICEA has approximately 20 members, including members from the signatory agencies. The signatory agencies (The Department of Education as the lead agency, the Department of Public Health, the Department of Human Services and Child Health Specialty Clinics) are the agencies in Iowa that form the foundation of the coordinated statewide interagency system.
ICEA membership consists of families and representatives of the public and private sectors who, by virtue of their position, interest, and training can contribute to the quality of services provided to infants and toddlers with special needs and their families. Membership is:
- Appointed by the Governor's Office
- Organized according to the Federal law, meeting guidelines for its composition of 20% parents and 20% public and private providers of early intervention service. Other required members include personnel preparation, state legislator, state preschool programs, health insurance, Head Start, state child care agency, and other state agencies
- Balanced according to State law in regard to geographic region, political party and gender
- Appointed for a three-year term
Interested in serving on the ICEA? Apply through the Iowa Talent Bank website.
ICEA Meeting Dates, Agendas, and Minutes
May 21, 2021
March 12, 2021 – Cancelled
January 15, 2021
November 20, 2020
September 18, 2020
May 15, 2020
March 13, 2020
January 17, 2020 – Cancelled
November 15, 2019
September 20, 2019
June 4, 2019
- 2019-06-04 Iowa Council for Early ACCESS Agenda
- No meeting minutes were taken. Nothing was voted on and no motions were made.
May 17, 2019
March 8, 2019
January 18, 2019 – Meeting cancelled due to weather.
October 12, 2018
May 18, 2018
March 9, 2018
January 19, 2018