General Resources for Educators Moving to Online Learning for Students During COVID-19
- 10 strategies for online learning during a coronavirus outbreak (International Society for Technology in Education) - Identifies key practices for successful online learning.
- AIR's COVID-19 Response and Resources (American Institutes for Research) - Examines the various complexities of the crisis and provides a plain language COVID-19 FAQ fact sheet.
- COVID-19 Pandemic Resources and Support (Great Lakes Equity Center)
- Cybersecurity Recommendations for K-12 Schools Using Video Conferencing Tools and Online Platforms (Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency)
- Factors to Consider When Preparing for E-Learning (EdTech: Focus on K-12) - Highlights four considerations for schools and districts to help ensure a smooth transition to virtual learning.
- Learning Keeps Going (COVID-19 Education Coalition) - Focuses on best practices and strategies as well as webinars.
- Video Conferencing: Guidelines to Keep You and Your Students Safe (Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency)
- Distance Learning Resources (United States Distance Learning Association) - Suggests a wide variety of K-12 distance learning topics and resources to prepare teachers and students for online learning.
- Distance Learning Tips From One Teacher to Another (PBSTeachers Lounge) - Breaks down the different resources teachers in a variety of content areas can use while teaching virtually.
- Educator Reviewers Share Tips and Best Practices for Virtual Learning (EdReports) - Shares reviewers' experiences about how they are adapting to school closures and shifting daily learning for students online.
- Emergency Remote Teaching: Challenges and Possible Solutions (Computer Science Teachers Association)
- Formative Assessment in Distance Learning (Edutopia) - Shares effective practices to check for understanding and provide meaningful feedback
- Humanizing Online Teaching (Drs. Mary Raygoza, Raina León, and Aaminah Norris) - Identifies pedagogical practices that promote care for the whole student and class collective.
- Online Teaching: Best Practices (National Association for Gifted Children) - Provides resources to help support gifted students in an online format.
- Using the SS-OO-PP-RR Guiding Home Visiting during the COVID-10 Pandemic (Early Childhood Technical Assistance Center)
- Wide Open School (Common Sense Media) - Provides a free collection of online teaching resources.
- National Standards for Quality Online Teaching (Quality Matters and Virtual Learning Leadership Alliance) - Includes standards and changes for the National Standards for Quality Online Teaching.
- A New Reality: Getting Remote Learning Right (ASCD)
- QM Emergency Remote Instruction Checklist (Quality Matters) - Provides checklists for educators (K-12, higher ed, and K-12 Companion for IEP and 504 Plans).
- SETDA Coalition for eLearning (State Educational Technology Directors Association) - Includes professional learning and tools for teaching online.
- Supporting Children and Families during the COVID-19 Pandemic (Early Childhood Technical Assistance Center)
- Supporting Families During the Pandemic: Four Therapists Share Their Wisdom (Early Childhood Technical Assistance Center)
- A Trauma-Informed Approach to Teaching Through Coronavirus (Teaching Tolerance) - Shares expert recommendations for educators supporting students during the COVID-19 crisis.