The purpose of this document is to guide area education agencies and LEAs and accredited nonpublic school officials in understanding their respective roles in fulfilling these equitable service requirements to eligible nonpublic school students, their teachers, and their families under Title IA and eligible nonpublic school students and their teachers or other educational personnel under Title VIII. Accordingly, this guidance document provides essential information about:
- The appropriate nonpublic consultation process and complaint procedures,
- Responsibilities of consultation parties,
- General rules of equitable services,
- The elements of timely and meaningful consultation, and
- Consolidated Application timelines and processes.
Updates 2018 version.