Student Reporting in Iowa
On this page...
Student Reporting in Iowa (SRI) is the Iowa Department of Education's (Department) initiative involving the transfer of individual student records. The mission of the project is to reduce data burden and encourage better decision-making by establishing and maintaining a cost-effective method of accessing and transferring accurate and timely education information among school districts, postsecondary institutions and the Department.
Underlying principles of the project include a commitment toward reduction of paper-based state reporting, building on existing technologies available to schools, a commitment toward the elimination of paper-based college transcripts, the adoption of a common basis for facilitating meaningful information exchange, and greater security of confidential student information.
Fall 2021 SRI Updates Zoom Session - Wednesday, Aug. 18 at 1:30 p.m. - Link to attend the live.
Session will cover changes to Student Reporting in Iowa (SRI) for the 2021-22 school year. Everyone who works with SRI is encouraged to attend and no registration is required. The session will be recorded and posted to the SRI Tutorials website.
SRI New User Training - A one-day, in-person training will take place in Des Moines at the Grimes Building on two dates, Tuesday, Aug. 31 and Wednesday, Sept. 1. The content of both sessions is the same. The training covers Cedar Connect, SRI, and Certified Enrollment. New staff who will be working in these areas are encouraged to attend. Registration is required and capacity is limited to 40 people per day. Use the date links below to register.
Dates to Remember
- Aug. 16: Cedar Connect opens for snapshots and validation cleanup (public and nonpublic)
- Aug. 25: Graduate Verification certification deadline (public and nonpublic)
- Aug. 25: Supplementary Weighting Non-Fall certification deadline (public only)
- Sept. 1: SRI and Certified Enrollment tests sites open (public and nonpublic)
- Sept. 28: SRI and Certified Enrollment test sites close (public and nonpublic)
- Oct. 1: Count Date for Certified Enrollment; SRI and Certified Enrollment production sites open (public and nonpublic)
- Oct. 8: Target date to have student-level data in SRI and Certified Enrollment
- Oct. 8-14: Ongoing communication between districts
- Oct. 15: Certified Enrollment certification deadline - IAC 257.61a(7c) (public and nonpublic); SRI and Certified Enrollment production sites close
- Oct. 18-29: Certified Enrollment confirmation period (public and nonpublic)
Course Coding and Supplementary Weighting
Information for Vendors
Student Information System (SIS) vendors are asked to participate in the Department's Vendor Certification Process to ensure that school districts using their SIS may fully participate in SRI. During the certification process, SRI staff review the SIS to ensure that the software can achieve the following:
- Produce an extract using Department specified formats and codes
- Extract meets Department quality assurance standards through testing with predetermined outcomes
- Import the State Student IDs