Student Reporting in Iowa
On this page...
Student Reporting in Iowa (SRI) is the Iowa Department of Education's (Department) initiative involving the transfer of individual student records. The mission of the project is to reduce data burden and encourage better decision-making by establishing and maintaining a cost-effective method of accessing and transferring accurate and timely education information among school districts, postsecondary institutions and the Department.
Underlying principles of the project include a commitment toward reduction of paper-based state reporting, building on existing technologies available to schools, a commitment toward the elimination of paper-based college transcripts, the adoption of a common basis for facilitating meaningful information exchange, and greater security of confidential student information.
New User Training: August 29 or September 1 (9 am - 2:30 pm) Cedar Connect/Student Reporting in Iowa (SRI)/Certified Enrollment. If you have new staff working with SRI collections in Cedar Connect, new business managers working on Certified Enrollment, or staff who need refreshers – plan on having them attend one of these in–person sessions. Registration is required. Seating will be limited to 40 persons per session. Walk-ins will not be accepted. NOTE: An informational email will be sent out prior to training.
Fall SRI Zoom Session. August 17 (2:00 pm) This session will cover changes in SRI for the 22-23 school year as well as other tips and reminders.
Certified Enrollment/Supplementary Weighting Zoom session. September 22 (1:30 pm)
This webinar will walk users through the Certified Enrollment application and provide tips to make sure all students get counted.
Dates to Remember
- August 8, 2022: Cedar Connect open for snapshots and validation cleanup
- August 25, 2022: Non-Fall Start Courses for Supplementary Weighting certification deadline (public only)
- August 25, 2022: Graduate Verification certification deadline (public and nonpublic high schools)
- September 1, 2022: SRI and Certified Enrollment test sites open
- September 28, 2022: SRI and Certified Enrollment test sites close - all test data deleted
- October 3, 2022: Count Day; SRI and Certified Enrollment production sites open
- October 15, 2022: Certified Enrollment certification
Course Coding and Supplementary Weighting
Career Academy Minutes and SCED Codes (11-21-21)
Information for Vendors
Student Information System (SIS) vendors are asked to participate in the Department's Vendor Certification Process to ensure that school districts using their SIS may fully participate in SRI. During the certification process, SRI staff review the SIS to ensure that the software can achieve the following:
- Produce an extract using Department specified formats and codes
- Extract meets Department quality assurance standards through testing with predetermined outcomes
- Import the State Student IDs