Student Reporting in Iowa
On this page...
Student Reporting in Iowa (SRI) is the Iowa Department of Education's (Department) initiative involving the transfer of individual student records. The mission of the project is to reduce data burden and encourage better decision-making by establishing and maintaining a cost-effective method of accessing and transferring accurate and timely education information among school districts, postsecondary institutions and the Department.
Underlying principles of the project include a commitment toward reduction of paper-based state reporting, building on existing technologies available to schools, a commitment toward the elimination of paper-based college transcripts, the adoption of a common basis for facilitating meaningful information exchange, and greater security of confidential student information.
April 21 (2:30 pm) - Spring SRI Zoom Session - This session will cover elements to focus on for spring reporting as well as other tips and reminders for Spring SRI. No registration is required.
May 12 (1:30 pm) - Assessment Accountability Zoom Session - Walks users through the Assessment Accountability application and its relationship with Spring SRI. No registration is required.
Dates to Remember
- April 4, 2022: Cedar Connect and SRI open for Spring collection (public and nonpublic)
- May 2, 2022: Assessment Accountability site opens (public only)
- June 23, 2022: Spring SRI certification deadline (public and nonpublic)
- June 24, 2022: Assessment Accountability certification deadline (public only)
- July 5, 2022: Non-Fall Start Courses for Supplementary Weighting open for review (public only)
- July 5, 2022: Graduate Verification opens for review (public and nonpublic high schools)
- August 25, 2022: Non-Fall Start Courses for Supplementary Weighting certification deadline (public only)
- August 25, 2022: Graduate Verification certification deadline (public and nonpublic high schools)
Course Coding and Supplementary Weighting
Career Academy Minutes and SCED Codes (11-21-21)
Information for Vendors
Student Information System (SIS) vendors are asked to participate in the Department's Vendor Certification Process to ensure that school districts using their SIS may fully participate in SRI. During the certification process, SRI staff review the SIS to ensure that the software can achieve the following:
- Produce an extract using Department specified formats and codes
- Extract meets Department quality assurance standards through testing with predetermined outcomes
- Import the State Student IDs