On this page...
Student Reporting in Iowa (SRI) is the Iowa Department of Education's (Department) initiative involving the transfer of individual student records. The mission of the project is to reduce data burden and encourage better decision-making by establishing and maintaining a cost-effective method of accessing and transferring accurate and timely education information among school districts, postsecondary institutions and the Department.
Underlying principles of the project include a commitment toward reduction of paper-based state reporting, building on existing technologies available to schools, a commitment toward the elimination of paper-based college transcripts, the adoption of a common basis for facilitating meaningful information exchange, and greater security of confidential student information.
- September 20, 2023 at 1:30 Certified Enrollment Zoom session (Passcode: 253403)
Dates to Remember
- August 8, 2023 Cedar Connect opens for Fall collection (public and nonpublic)
- August 25, 2023 Non-Fall Start Courses for Supplementary Weighting certification deadline (public only)
- August 25, 2023 Graduate Verification certification deadline (public and nonpublic high schools)
- September 1, 2023 SRI and Certified Enrollment test sites open (public and nonpublic)
- September 28, 2023 SRI and Certified Enrollment test sites close (public and nonpublic)
- October 2, 2023 Count Date for Certified Enrollment; SRI and Certified Enrollment production sites open (public and nonpublic)
- October 6, 2023 Approve student-level data into SRI and Certified Enrollment
- October 7-14, 2023 Ongoing communication between districts (open enrollment, duplicate students)
- October 15, 2023 Certified Enrollment certification deadline (IAC 257.6.1a(7c) (public and nonpublic)
- October 15, 2023 SRI and Certified Enrollment production sites close (public and nonpublic)
- October 16-25, 2023 Certified Enrollment confirmation period (public and nonpublic)
Course Coding and Supplementary Weighting
Career Academy Minutes and SCED Codes (09-29-23)
Information for Vendors
Student Information System (SIS) vendors are asked to participate in the Department's Vendor Certification Process to ensure that school districts using their SIS may fully participate in SRI. During the certification process, SRI staff review the SIS to ensure that the software can achieve the following:
- Produce an extract using Department specified formats and codes
- Extract meets Department quality assurance standards through testing with predetermined outcomes
- Import the State Student IDs