Civil Rights Data Collection (CRDC) Survey
On this page...
The Civil Rights Data Collection is owned by the Office of Civil Rights and is a mandatory data collection authorized under the statutes and regulations implementing Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and others.
Data from the survey is collected into the Office of Civil Rights data collections at: http://ocrdata.ed.gov/ and is used nationally to analyze civil rights indicators and to ensure equity of educational opportunity to our nation's children.
Important Dates and Updates for 2020-21 Collection
- Oct. 4, 2021 - registration opens
- Nov. 5, 2021 - registration closes
- Dec. 13, 2021 - survey opens
- Feb. 28, 2022 - survey closes
- Allow a couple of days for the Iowa Department of Education to upload the files indicated in the right column of the 2020-21 Civil Rights Data Collection Crosswalk before districts enter their data indicated in the left column of the same document.
- Use the 2020-21 CRDC District Contact Form if you would like to receive updates regarding the CRDC survey from the Iowa Department of Education.
Help Documents and Links
2020-21 CRDC District Contact Form - Enter the contact information of the person/persons the Iowa Department of Education can contact regarding CRDC updates using this form.