Student Reporting in Iowa
On this page...
Student Reporting in Iowa is the Iowa Department of Education's initiative involving the transfer of individual student records. The mission of the project is to reduce data burden and encourage better decision-making by establishing and maintaining a cost effective method of accessing and transferring accurate and timely education information among school districts, postsecondary institutions, and the Iowa Department of Education.
Underlying principles of the project include a commitment toward reduction of paper-based state reporting, building on existing technologies available to schools, a commitment toward the elimination of paper-based college transcripts, the adoption of a common basis for facilitating meaningful information exchange, and greater security of confidential student information.
Fall 2020 Training Opportunities
Click on the title below to join the Zoom session at the appropriate date and time. Registration is not needed. Sessions will be recorded and posted to the SRI Tutorials webpage.
Using Cedar Connect, Tuesday, Sept. 1 at 1 p.m - Covers the basics of Cedar Connect; taking snapshots, correcting validation errors and submitting data to SRI.
SRI for New Users, Thursday, Sept. 10 at 10 a.m. - Introduces the array of reports housed in SRI.
Certified Enrollment and Supplementary Weighting Review, Tuesday, Sept. 22 at 10 a.m. - Walks through the Certified Enrollment application and offer hints and reminders prior to clicking the Certify button.
Dates to Remember
- August 17 - Cedar Connect opens for Fall collection (public and nonpublic)
- August 26 - Supplementary Weighting (Non-fall) application certification deadline
- August 26 - Graduate Verification certification deadline (public and nonpublic high schools)
- September 2 - SRI and Certified Enrollment test sites open (public and nonpublic)
- September 28 - SRI and Certified Enrollment test sites close (public and nonpublic)
- October 1 - Count Date for Certified Enrollment; SRI and Certified Enrollment production sites open (public and nonpublic)
- October 15 - Certified Enrollment certification deadline (IAC 257.6 1a(7c)) (public and nonpublic)
Course Coding and Supplementary Weighting
Information for Vendors
Student Information System (SIS) vendors are asked to participate in the Iowa Department of Education Vendor Certification Process to ensure that school districts using their SIS may fully participate in Student Reporting in Iowa (SRI). During the certification process, SRI staff review the SIS to ensure that the software can achieve the following:
- Produce an extract using the Department of Education (DE) specified formats and codes
- Extract meets DE quality assurance standards through testing with predetermined outcomes
- Import the State Student IDs