Student Reporting in Iowa
On this page...
Student Reporting in Iowa is the Iowa Department of Education's initiative involving the transfer of individual student records. The mission of the project is to reduce data burden and encourage better decision-making by establishing and maintaining a cost effective method of accessing and transferring accurate and timely education information among school districts, postsecondary institutions, and the Iowa Department of Education.
Underlying principles of the project include a commitment toward reduction of paper-based state reporting, building on existing technologies available to schools, a commitment toward the elimination of paper-based college transcripts, the adoption of a common basis for facilitating meaningful information exchange, and greater security of confidential student information.
Dates to Remember
- December 1 - Cedar Connect opens for Winter SRI
- December 1 - Dropout Verification application opens
- December 4 - SRI opens for Winter SRI
- December 15 - Dropout Verification certification deadline
- January 29 - Winter SRI certification deadline
Course Coding and Supplementary Weighting
Information for Vendors
Student Information System (SIS) vendors are asked to participate in the Iowa Department of Education Vendor Certification Process to ensure that school districts using their SIS may fully participate in Student Reporting in Iowa (SRI). During the certification process, SRI staff review the SIS to ensure that the software can achieve the following:
- Produce an extract using the Department of Education (DE) specified formats and codes
- Extract meets DE quality assurance standards through testing with predetermined outcomes
- Import the State Student IDs