Adult, Career and Community College
The Division of Community Colleges and Workforce Preparation of the Iowa Department of Education has a variety of diverse programs that enhance Iowa’s educational system. The division is divided between two bureaus: the Bureau of Community Colleges and the Bureau of Career and Technical Education. In addition to working with Iowa's 15 public community colleges on state accreditation and program approval as well as data and financial reporting, this division provides guidance to Iowans in the areas of:
- career and technical education,
- workforce training and economic development,
- adult education and literacy,
- military education,
- state-mandated OWI education program,
- GAP Tuition program,
- Senior Year Plus,
- National Crosswalk Service Center,
- Statewide Intermediary Network, and
- Pathways for Academic Career and Employment (PACE) program.
Information and contacts for each of these programs are displayed on the various program web pages.