Yes, within the authority granted to districts for this categorical funding, H.F. 743 stated that school districts may use funds for programs, instructional support and materials that include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Additional licensed staff;
- Additional support for students, such as before and after school programs, tutoring and intensive summer programs;
- Acquisition and administration of diagnostic reading assessments;
- Implementation of research-based instructional intervention programs for students needing support;
- Implementation of all-day, everyday kindergarten programs;
- Providing classroom teachers with intensive training programs to improve reading instruction and professional development in best practices including but not limited to training programs related to instruction to increase students' phonemic awareness, reading abilities and comprehension skills.
The funding, however, cannot be used to supplant other funding. For more information on allowed and disallowed uses of this funding, refer to Iowa Administrative Code Chapter 281--98.