Description of iEvaluate
The iEvaluate class is an online evaluator class that is approved by the Iowa Department of Education. It was created to replace the required Evaluator Level I and Level II training. There are two iEvaluate classes: iEvaluate – Teachers (intended for principals, athletic directors, and others responsible of evaluating teachers or coaches) and iEvaluate – Administrators (intended for superintendents or central office administrators responsible for evaluating principals or other school administrators). If you have successfully completed evaluator approval through Level I or II, you should contact your AEA professional development office and enroll in Assessing Academic Rigor.
Who May Enroll in an iEvaluate
- School administrators from out-of-state seeking Iowa licensure.
- School administrators prepared at colleges / universities outside of Iowa
- Athletic Directors
- Dean of Students or other school personnel with evaluation responsibilities
An iEvaluate course has a series of assignments that must be successfully completed during six-week period of time, and it is entirely online with assignments completed at your own pace. The assignments will include but are not limited to reading, reflecting, responding, observing, planning, videotaping, etc. Participants will need to identify a cooperating administrator and evaluate (career teacher or principal) to work with throughout the course. Participants have the professional responsibility to successfully complete the work during the scheduled timeframe.
Cost of Class and Licensure
The iEvaluate courses cost $170.00 (paid to Iowa PD Online), and participants will receive two (2) renewal credits upon successful completion of the course. Iowa PD Online will issue the necessary licensure renewal certificate based on final approval of the course instructor. An individual may apply for an evaluator license up to one year before their evaluator/administrator license expiration date.
Below are the dates for iEvaluate-Teachers for 2013:
- December 3, 2012 to January 17, 2013 - 220002-9999-1306
- January 14, 2013 to February 22, 2013 - 220002-9999-1307
- January 27, 2013 to March 8, 2013 - 220002 -9999-1308
- February 4, 2013 to March 15, 2013 - 220002-9999-1309
- March 18, 2013 to April 26, 2013 - 220002-9999-1310
- April 1, 2013 to May 10, 2013 - 220002-9999-1311
- April 8, 2013 to May 17, 2013 - 220002-9999-1312
- May 19, 2013 to June 28, 2013 - 220002-9999-1313
The 2013 class for iEvaluate - Administrators is:
- January 7, 2013- March 1, 2013 - 22000-19999-1302
You no longer have to notify the Iowa Department of Education with your sign-up information. You may sign up directly through Heartland AEA’s professional development page and pay online by credit card: (https://prodev.aeapdonline.org/).
If you wish to pay by check, mail in the form (https://prodev.aeapdonline.org/AEAPDOnlineRegistForm.pdf) with your check.