The Iowa State Board of Education’s next regular business meeting will take place on Thursday, March 29, in the 2nd floor State Board Room of the Grimes State Office Building, 400 E. 14th St., in Des Moines. The business meeting starts at 10 a.m.
Thursday’s meeting agenda is as follows. Click here for a copy of the complete agenda with attachments.
Room B100, Grimes State Office Building
The Executive Director from the SMARTER Balanced Assessment Consortium will meet with Board members to discuss SMARTER Balanced Assessments.
2nd floor State Board Room, Grimes State Office Building
- Call to Order
- Approve the Agenda
- Public Comment
- Director’s Report
- Legislative Update
- Consent Agenda
- Rules: Chapter 25 – Academic Career and Employment Program; Tuition Assistance (Adopt)
- Rules: Chapter 63 – Funding for Instructional Programs for Children Residing in Juvenile Homes (Termination)
- Rules: Chapter 120 – Early ACCESS Integrated System of Early Intervention Services (Adopt)
- Rules: Chapter 81 – Standards for School Business Official Programs (Notice)
- eSigourney Charter School
- Iowa Quality Infant Toddler Program Standards
- Strengthening Educational Leadership
- Iowa Community Colleges Joint Enrollment Report 2011
- The Future of Teacher Preparation
- Introduction of Charity Campbell, 2012 Iowa Teacher of the Year
- Appeal Decisions
- Fiscal Year 2012-13 Annual Budget Approval for Area Education Agencies
- Financial Health of Districts – Is the Early Warning System Working?
- Recommendation for a Phase II Visit to the Exira Community School District
- Iowa Principal Leadership Academy
- Board Reports