- Iowa Core Mathematics (.pdf)
- Iowa Core Mathematics (.doc)
- Iowa Core Mathematics with DOK (.pdf)
- Iowa Core Mathematics with DOK (.doc)
Resources to support Iowa Core Mathematics
Standards in this domain:
Reason quantitatively and use units to solve problems.
- N-Q.1. Use units as a way to understand problems and to guide the solution of multi-step problems; choose and interpret units consistently in formulas; choose and interpret the scale and the origin in graphs and data displays.
- N-Q.2. Define appropriate quantities for the purpose of descriptive modeling.
- N-Q.3. Choose a level of accuracy appropriate to limitations on measurement when reporting quantities.
(IA) Understand and apply the mathematics of voting.
- IA.3.Understand, analyze, apply, and evaluate some common voting and analysis methods in addition to majority and plurality, such as runoff, approval, the so-called instant-runoff voting (IRV) method, the Borda method and the Condorcet method.
(IA) Understand and apply some basic mathematics of information processing and the Internet.
- IA.4.(+) Describe the role of mathematics in information processing, particularly with respect to the Internet.
- IA.5.(+) Understand and apply elementary set theory and logic as used in simple Internet searches.
- IA. 6.(+) Understand and apply basic number theory, including modular arithmetic, for example, as used in keeping information secure through public-key cryptography.