- Iowa Core Mathematics (.pdf)
- Iowa Core Mathematics (.doc)
- Iowa Core Mathematics with DOK (.pdf)
- Iowa Core Mathematics with DOK (.doc)
Resources to support Iowa Core Mathematics
Standards in this domain:
Extend the properties of exponents to rational exponents.
- N-RN.1. Explain how the definition of the meaning of rational exponents follows from extending the properties of integer exponents to those values, allowing for a notation for radicals in terms of rational exponents. For example, we define 51/3 to be the cube root of 5 because we want (51/3)3 = 5(1/3)3 to hold, so (51/3)3 must equal 5.
- N-RN.2. Rewrite expressions involving radicals and rational exponents using the properties of exponents.