- Iowa Core Mathematics (.pdf)
- Iowa Core Mathematics (.doc)
- Iowa Core Mathematics with DOK (.pdf)
- Iowa Core Mathematics with DOK (.doc)
Resources to support Iowa Core Mathematics
Standards in this domain:
Understand addition as putting together and adding to, and understand subtraction as taking apart and taking from.
- K.OA.1. Represent addition and subtraction with objects, fingers, mental images, drawings1, sounds (e.g., claps), acting out situations, verbal explanations, expressions, or equations.
- K.OA.2. Solve addition and subtraction word problems, and add and subtract within 10, e.g., by using objects or drawings to represent the problem.
- K.OA.3. Decompose numbers less than or equal to 10 into pairs in more than one way, e.g., by using objects or drawings, and record each decomposition by a drawing or equation (e.g., 5 = 2 + 3 and 5 = 4 + 1).
- K.OA.4. For any number from 1 to 9, find the number that makes 10 when added to the given number, e.g., by using objects or drawings, and record the answer with a drawing or equation.
- K.OA.5. Fluently add and subtract within 5.
1 Drawings need not show details, but should show the mathematics in the problem. (This applies wherever drawings are mentioned in the Standards.)