This calculator will determine whether a food product meets the Healthy Kids Act Nutritional Content Standards for a la carte, vending, and regulated fundraising items sold to students during the school day.
*Please note: Beverages do not need to be run through the Healthy Kids Act Nutrition Calculator. Beverages follow separate guidelines for elementary and secondary grade levels. Please see the Beverage Table within the Healthy Kids Act Brochure for details.
- Please answer all questions accurately using information from a food product's nutrition facts label.
- Click on the "Check It!" button after filling all required fields.
- If the product meets the Healthy Kids Act Nutritional Content Standards and you decide to offer the product to students, print the response page immediately by clicking "File" and "Print" or typing Ctrl+P.
- After printing the response page, write the name of the item on the page and store in a binder with other approved items.
- This calculator will display exemptions from specified categories. However, a food product must meet all categories within the Healthy Kids Act Nutritional Content Standards even though one category may be exempt. For example, fat may be exempt for a specific food product, but all other categories (i.e. sodium) need to meet the standards.
- Food items made from scratch will need to have nutrition analysis completed before being entered into the nutrition calculator.
- Consider using the Foods Assessment Tool available here in conjunction with the calculator.
- A complete list of the Healthy Kids Act Nutritional Content Standards is available here.
- If you would like to complete the calculations by hand, please click here.